What Are Cookies
Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages so you do not have to re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time, such as after you leave the site or when you close your web browser.
Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the site, and allow us to recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
For more general information on cookies, see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies or disable set cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site.
The Cookies We Set
- Essential Cookies. Essential cookies enable you to navigate the site and to use its services and features. Without these necessary cookies, the site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the site or certain services or features.
- Preference Cookies. Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the site accordingly.
- Analytics Cookies. Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the site, and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the site, help us record any difficulties you have with the site, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the site, rather than the usage of a single person. We use the information to analyse the site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information.
Third Party Cookies
- Analytics This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Testing New features From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- Affiliates Several advertising affiliates advertise on our behalf, and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through an affiliate’s site so that we can credit the affiliate appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate to provide any bonus that it may provide you for making a purchase.
Distribution Partners. If you visit our website, and particularly if you access any video content including the trailer for the new Bond movie on our site, our film distributors Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), Universal Pictures (Universal) and United Artists Releasing (UAR) may enable Google and other vendors/third parties to place a cookie on your device. This will enable us and MGM/Universal/UAR to understand how you interact with the trailer (for example how often you watch it). It will also enable MGM/Universal/UAR to serve you advertising related to the film when you access the internet from your device, including via any social media accounts that you may hold (such as Facebook), and to measure how you interact with such advertising content (for example whether you clicked on any of the content or made a purchase). This information will not be shared with anyone other than MGM/Universal/UAR.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you. If you are looking for more information, you may contact us at [email protected].